Universal Forest Products Sales Manager in Harrisonville, Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in administration, marketing or related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum three to five years of work experience and quota/margin attainment in sales to related markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lumber and engineered wood products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Preferred experience and knowledge on UFP's organization, culture, and product lines
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple tasks and activities at once, to organize and set priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor individuals in a sales environment
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage, coach and develop subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment and travel as required.
- Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
- Ability to use a computer, and proficiency of the use of MS Office and other business software
- Demonstrated skills in leading projects and other people
- Ability to understand the conditions of the market place and present solutions to challenging times.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals
Conducts in a professional manner
Staffs, develops, and coaches sales personnel, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
- Trains and mentors sales personnel in selling techniques.
- Evaluates information regarding customer purchases, inventories, preferences and market trends, and revises sales strategy as appropriate.
- Travels with sales personnel, critiques efforts and develops plans to increase effectiveness.
- Develops sales budgets, quota and margin goals for sales personnel.
- Revises and develops sales strategies, tactics and presentations to ensure maximum results.
- Develops new markets and market penetration strategies.
- Develops new customers and product uses.
- Resolves or facilitates resolution of customer complaints.
- Participates in new product development and/or new product introductions.
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with customers.
- Prepares various reports and maintains records as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled