Briggs & Stratton Material Handler - (JJ15672) in Lee's Summit, Missouri
Material Handler - (JJ15672)
Job Requisition ID:
Lee's Summit, MO
Billy Goat Industries, a subsidiary of Briggs and Stratton Corporation, located in Lee's Summit, Missouri, is a leading and innovative manufacturer of outdoor power equipment. We specialize in the design and manufacture of machines in three product groups: Debris Management (vacuums, blowers, and debris loaders), Lawn Renovation, and Brush Cutters. We have an immediate opening for a full time Material Handler/Forklift Operator to support our manufacturing operations.
Work Hours: 6:00am. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday. Overtime is required at various times during the year. Starting rate of pay: $12.90/hr
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials, parts or containers to be moved to appropriate location to support work orders, assembly lines, shipping dept, weld dept, or assigned work area.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• Loads materials and/or finished machines into vehicles using the best loading sequence and procedures to ensure no damage occurs in transit.
• Moves materials to and from storage or work sites to designated area(s) and puts them away.
• Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
• Accurately follows procedures for using mobile RF scanner to perform inventory transactions.
• Inspects industrial trucks daily prior to operation and records faults or shortcomings on inspection sheet according to instructions and procedures noted on inspection form.
• Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
• Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and checks them utilizing the proper receiving and inspection procedures.
• Consolidates parts in containers or boxes to maximize storage space.
• Correctly receives product and materials from vendors by utilizing the established receiving procedures, if required.
• Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products while following all safety procedures.
• Possesses valid driver's license. If specific job requires, must obtain Missouri Class "E" license within 60 days of beginning employment in material handler position.
• If requested, may operate/drive company truck to transfer materials and/or finished goods between
• Contributes to safe and clean work environment through diligent attention to safety and good housekeeping.
• Maintains punctual and regular attendance for regularly scheduled work hours.
• Other related duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, such as process books, work order instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees within the department or organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
• Possesses good time management skills and has ability to be flexible, versatile and to meet deadlines for production objectives.
• Is a demonstrated team player and has ability to interact with a variety of personnel in a busy production environment.
• Must exhibit strong attention to detail, safety consciousness and a willingness to learn.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass OSHA forktruck driving test. If requested must possess valid driver's license with ability to obtain Missouri Class "E" license within 60 days of beginning employment in this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit while driving forktruck. The employee frequently gets on and off forktruck in the performance of their job duties. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly lift and/or move between 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will move materials between buildings and perform some duties in an outside environment where they will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro® Ferris®, PowerBoss®, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.