Briggs & Stratton Powder Coating Finish Operator - Part Time - (JJ15638) in Lee's Summit, Missouri
Powder Coating Finish Operator - Part Time - (JJ15638)
Job Requisition ID:
Powder Coating Finish Operator - Part Time
Lee's Summit, MO
Billy Goat Industries, a subsidiary of Briggs and Stratton Corporation, located in Lee's Summit, Missouri, is a leading and innovative manufacturer of outdoor power equipment. We specialize in the design and manufacture of machines in three product groups: Debris Management (vacuums, blowers, and debris loaders), Lawn Renovation, and Brush Cutters. We have an immediate opening for a full time Part Time Powder Coating Finish Operator to support our paint department.
Work Hours: 4:25 p.m. – 9:25 p.m., Monday – Thursday. Overtime is required at various times during the year.
Starting rate of pay: $12.02/hr + $.50 shift differential
You will work with other quality minded colleagues who take pride in their work to produce painted parts that will be assembled into Billy Goat outdoor power machinery products in compliance with company quality, safety, and productivity requirements in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Takes direction from Lead Person or Supervisor in a cooperative manner.
• Lifts and hangs parts on overhead conveyor and removes them. Understands proper methods for hanging parts for optimal coating. Uses appropriate and safe lifting techniques in loading and removing parts.
• Unloads parts from conveyor and places in appropriate storage container or area to prevent damage. Properly identifies and labels parts that have been removed from the conveyor after coating.
• Tests finishes with approved test methods.
• Determines if a product needs to be rejected and understands how to initiate corrective action.
• Meets department standards for efficiency, productivity, and quality. Brings any issues or concerns regarding powder coating to supervisor's attention.
• Operates the wash system and the cure/dry oven and knows how to make adjustments to keep in safe/appropriate operating range.
• Aids in the maintenance and cleaning of the powder coating department. Operates the powder reclaim booth.
• May be utilized and/or cross trained in other production areas to assist when necessary in meeting company demand.
• Will be cross trained to operate a forklift.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Maintains acceptable level of punctual and regular attendance for all scheduled work hours.
Must be able to read and understand all written work orders, drawings, procedures, and processes. High school diploma or GED. Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
• Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
• Will regularly be lifting parts, bending, stooping, and moving parts.
• Will crouch or kneel when making paint color changes.
• Required to stand during entire 10 hour work shift.
• Constant use of hands and arms to perform job duties.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment when performing job duties, including respirator.
• Requires a sense of urgency in performing duties and the flexibility to work with quickly changing priorities to meet business demands. Work assignments may change during the course of a day.
We offer company benefits such as Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k plan, paid holidays, and more.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro® Ferris®, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, PowerBoss® Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. For more information visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.