Stanley Black and Decker Maintenance Electrician in Sedalia, Missouri
Position Summary An electrical maintenance technician’s job description involves carrying out installations and repairs on electrical apparatus, systems and electronic features of industrial equipment and machines adhering strictly to electrical manuals, code, power tools, diagrams and other stipulations by utilizing hand tools, power tools, test and electrical equipment. This position is for day shift (7:00AM - 3:30PM with OT as required).
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Take an active role in caring for the equipment to prevent breakdowns and defects and help increase overall equipment efficiency through 5S, TPM and other Lean Manufacturing initiatives directed by the Sedalia site.
- The employee will be required to meet satisfactory performance requirements as determined by the Supervisor.
- Additional responsibilities include good housekeeping and other assignments as directed by the Supervisor.
- The employee shall be able to work overtime as requested and posted by Management.
Other duties include all aspects of general plant maintenance such as machine repair/rebuild (electrical and mechanical), building maintenance (interior and exterior), forklift service and repair and performing preventative maintenance procedures on all plant equipment. Qualifications
Basic computer knowledge
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to read instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics etc. and follow them with precision
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience and ability in using hand tools, as well as own basic hand tools
- At least five (5) years of formal Industrial or Technical Maintenance experience is required.
- Formal Tech School in Industrial Maintenance or training equal to.
- Must have the ability to recommend direct replacement parts via manufacture manuals such as valves, pumps, gear boxes, switches, drives, etc.
- Minor engineering also required in the repair and rebuilding of all equipment. Some examples of the level of engineering include machine guarding, sensor locations, and equipment improvements.
- Additional training in Allen Bradley PLC, Motor Controls, Mechanical Machinery Maintenance, Running Conduit, Wiring Lighting Circuits, Heating and Air Conditioning a plus.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 53473BR
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)