Dollar Tree Distribution Center Shift Maintenance Manager in Warrensburg, Missouri
Distribution Center Shift Maintenance Manager
Shift Maintenance Manager
Dollar Tree is seeking experienced maintenance managers to help start up our brand new distribution center located in Warrensburg, MO. In this role, you will help build, supervise, and lead a team of industrial maintenance technicians in a high volume, full case, 24/7/365, fully automated retail distribution center. Experience with conveyors, preventative maintenance programs, and
The Shift Maintenance Manager at Dollar Tree is a tactical, hands-on shift manager that supervises maintenance personnel and all facilities maintenance to include buildings, grounds, and all support equipment. The main focus is to promote maximum system up-time by directly overseeing all maintenance activities to include PM’s, repairs and work orders. Additionally they ensure that all responsibilities are carried out according to all safety regulations and are completed within scheduled time frames. They will regularly audit PM’s and repairs to ensure proper completion and will re-train technicians as audits present opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage associates following the Core Values of the organization.
• Treat all associates with respect.
• Accountability for the department goals.
• Maintain consistent floor presence
• Directly oversee the repair and maintenance of all areas of facility, its grounds and all equipment.
• Assign and regularly audit work orders to ensure safety and production related work orders are highest priority. Assist maintenance associates with diagnosis and repairs regularly.
• Manage MP2 to ensure all data base information, PM’s, work orders and parts inventory are current and accurate.
• Provide maintenance manager with part numbers and quantities to re-order parts and supplies that are used while performing equipment and building maintenance.
• Contact vendors for quotes and/or technical information to maintain working relationships with suppliers, vendors and contractors as necessary.
• Directly responsible for quarterly physical inventory count and maintaining part locations to ensure proper labeling and par levels
• Interact with facility management to ensure maintenance needs are met. Tour facility to ensure the condition of the facility is maintained.
• Train and re-train associates as necessary regarding audit findings or other opportunities to ensure regular, proper, safe completion of all maintenance tasks.
• In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and the Human Resources Manager, carry out disciplinary actions and/or recommend termination of employment as appropriate.
• Share and provide appropriate information and anticipate information needs of associates.
• Provide regular feed back and information to the maintenance manager through shift hand – offs, email or phone to ensure regular communication is maintained.
• Assist maintenance manager with administrative and/or other functions as necessary.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or mechanical preferred.
Minimum of three years maintenance and supervisory experience preferred.
Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance including best safety practices.
Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
Good analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
Knowledge of and skilled in blue print reading.
Requires rapid and thorough independent decision making and creative problem solving skills, good judgment as well as the ability to accept personal and departmental accountability for areas of responsibility.
PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
DOLLAR TREE IS A:
Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.
Big Company With Big Ideas: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 4,600 locations in 48 states...and growing !
Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.
Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.
Dollar Tree offers a competitive salary and incentives as well as a full benefits package including:
PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Discover for yourself how far this DOLLAR can take you!
Dollar Tree is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Auto Req ID:
193 Ne Hh Hwy