Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) AIRCRAFT MECHANIC in Whiteman AFB, Missouri
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-8852-12 AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1525000 in FAC 22B100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
WHO MAY APPLY:All qualified permanent and indefinite TECHNICIANS who are currently employed at the 131st Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Missouri.
Learn more about this agency
- Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
- Work is performed in complex working conditions under time and/or mission constraints to include weather and night operations.
- Work with, coordinates and oversees the work of subordinate aircraft mechanics.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of journey level workers in other trades working simultaneously on the assigned aircraft.
- Participates in mission generation/regeneration operations. Directs multiple specialists in preparing aircraft for combat operations.
- Coordinates with production control to direct short notice availability of the aircraft to accomplish work on delayed discrepancies and other scheduled maintenance to meet mission requirements.
- Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) accurately reflect the airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by publications.
- Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to a multi facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises and Operations Other Than War (OOTW).
- Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental and housekeeping regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
8852 Aircraft Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Air National Guard recruiter at 1-800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position.
- This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Missouri National Guard prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Individuals on incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment or termination, contact the State Incentives Manager at Whiteman AFB at (660) 687-7394 or at St. Joseph at (816) 236-3339 for any questions concerning recoupment or termination.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Failure to complete management prescribed courses for full-time support personnel within the first year of employment or assignment, may be cause for reassignment or termination.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter at 1-800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position. Selected candidate will be required to be in a compatible military assignment prior to effective date of placement. Selected candidate must be AFSC qualified within 12 months from date of appointment.
Maximum Military Grade - MSgt (E-7)
Minimum Military Grade - SSgt (E-5)
Enlisted - AFSC 2A3XX, 2A5X1, 2A5X2, 2A5X4, 2A6XX, 2A8X1, 2A8X2C, 2A8X1C, 2A81E or 2A82E
Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor (grade inversion).
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience or training which demonstrates the ability to follow instructions and to safely operate the type of equipment required to accomplish the duties of the position.
WG-12 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Must possess 18 months of specialized experience which has provided you the skills to perform all the duties required of a B-2 aircraft crew chief in repairing, rebuilding or overhauling aircraft systems and major components; experience where you were responsible for directing the total maintenance effort on individually assigned aircraft; experience which involved the total maintenance of the B-2 aircraft; and experience which provided you a detailed technical insight on individual aircraft's level of Mission Capability (MC), then developed and recommended a comprehensive course of action to maintain the aircraft at Full Mission Capability (FMC). **Must possess or have held AFSC 2A574.
THE PERSONNEL SECURITY SENSITIVITY LEVEL OF THIS POSITION IS DESIGNATED A SECRET SPECIAL ACCESS REQUIRED (SAR). MEMBER MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PERSONNEL RELIABILITY PROGRAM (PRP), NUCLEAR SURETY PROGRAM.**
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Helpful Hints for Applying:
Ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
Include details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
Be specific and always include Month and Year for the dates of your experience.
Be sure to include your applicable military experience and explain the duties of the MOS/AFSC held.
If you are using education to qualify for this position OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualifications, YOU MUST submit copies of college transcripts that identify each course, the college or university, semester or quarter hours earned, grade and grade-point received. Submitting a certificate or a degree will not suffice. You must submit transcripts when required. Photocopies are acceptable.
If if you have previous Federal Civil Service employment or are employed by another Federal Agency, please submit a copy of your last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. If you have never been a Federal Civil Service employee, this is not a requirement. This is also not a requirement for current Technicians employed by the Missouri National Guard.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10183933
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Natalie Soto Cortes
(573) 638-9500 X39811
MO 131st Bomb Wing 511 Spirit Boulevard Whiteman AFB, MO US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496188700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/08/2018 to 04/23/2018
Salary: $30.62 to $35.83 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 12
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent - Excepted Service Permanent