Northrop Grumman Network Communications 3 in Whiteman AFB, Missouri
Network Communications 3
Requisition ID: 18006863
Location(s): United States-Missouri-Whiteman AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a B-2 Network Communications Support person to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Whiteman AFB, MO.
The B-2 Intel Support position supports Stealth Bomber Operations by configuring and maintaining computer systems and networks used by the B-2 Stealth Bomber for command, control, communications, computing, intelligence, and all other aspects of low-observable strike missions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
·Maintains operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN) in support of the B-2 aircraft Adaptable Communications Suite (ACS) at Whiteman AFB MO.
·Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network on Northrop Grumman and U.S. government systems.
·Responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for information systems and is the technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing.
·May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
·Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and system security packages.
·Assists on and off aircraft maintenance when network issues are involved and supports critical mission preparations as needed.
·Provides subject matter expertise to enhance user systems knowledge, aid in troubleshooting and provide information to system trainers as needed.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years’ experience; 3 Year with Master’s Degree. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Experience with computer system/network capabilities and management of B-2 aircraft classified information systems.
• Thorough knowledge of hardware and software upgrades and administrative support for periodic backups to ensure B-2 computer capabilities meet program needs.
• Must have detailed knowledge and expertise to manage the security aspects of information systems and to include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness.
• Thorough knowledge of information systems security officer (ISSO) requirements in accordance with the Joint Air Force Army Navy (JAFAN) 6/0 and 6/9 Manuals and Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
• Active/Current Secret security clearance required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Active/Current Top Secret Security Clearance
• Active/Current SCI clearance
• Security certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Network Communications 3
Location: Missouri-Whiteman AFB
Requisition ID: 18006863