Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Verifying Official in Whiteman AFB, Missouri
Full Time / Part-Time
VERIFYING OFFICIAL (HRMPF-18-0635-W):
Bowhead seeks a Verifying Official to provide contractor Identification Card Administration to Government clients as a DEERS/RAPIDS Site Security Manager/Verifying Official at the base or site level. The Verifying Official acts as the site POC, along with Site
Security Manager for RAPIDS-related matters. Primarily responsible for managing the security of RAPIDS workstations that are under his/her purview.
• Maintain the Site Roster of RAPIDS users. Add and assign roles for the various categories of RAPIDS users.
• Register, process and maintain the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and the Real-Time Automated Identification System (RAPIDS) as part of a Verifying Official's responsibilities.
• Request a new DEERS logon ID for a new user, delete a DEERS logon ID, and up-date the security privileges on a previously issued DEERS logon ID.
• Deactivate and report security violators including reporting SSM changes immediately to DEERS Security.
• Ensure maximum protection against compromise and theft of sensitive information and prevent the misuse or misappropriation of RAPIDS and immediately report any information system security incidents discovered regarding RAPIDS, including any attempt to gain
unauthorized access to sensitive defense information, any system failure, or any suspected defect that could lead to unauthorized disclosure.
• Maintain the site Information (i.e. site name, site location address, site phone numbers, and site mailing address).
• View or update the RAPIDS configuration utilities when needed.
• Follow the prescribed Issuance Logistic Portal Acceptance procedures and be accountable for all CAC-related stock items, including CAC cardstock, non-ICC cardstock, and printer consumables.
• Perform all ID Card and CAC issuance related tasks to include researching and reviewing source documents, verifying eligibility, and discussing entitlements as defined in AFI 36-3026_IP and the RAPIDS Training Guide.
• Issues memorandums of authorization for use of Commissary and Post Exchange to eligible customers.
• Perform routine operator maintenance on RAPIDS workstations and printers, i.e. change lamination, add toner, clean printers, etc.
• Ensure that all assigned RAPIDS workstations are operated, maintained, and secured according to these security procedures. Maintain a file copy of the generic or type accreditation statement, and prepare unit-specific recommendations, through the appropriate
chain of command, for input into the accreditation document, as required.
• Implement training and awareness for RAPIDS security, and incorporate this training into the overall unit security and RAPIDS training programs.
• Review the system audit trail. Investigate thoroughly any security violations, in coordination with the Security Manager. Ensure the RAPIDS audit trails are reviewed at least weekly and that audit files are maintained for thirty days.
• Previous ID card facility experience and knowledge of the military required. Experience as a verifying official using RAPIDS is preferred with previous experience working at this location, highly desired.
• Familiarity with HR/MPF Systems at USAF is highly desired. Related experience with Air Combat Command may be substituted, depending on level of experience.
• Must speak, read, and comprehend English to the extent that one can read and understand printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions and materials.
• Requires excellent customer service skills, strong oral communication skills, must be a dependable team player, and possess a professional attitude / demeanor.
• Time management skills and demonstrated problem solving skills required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41